General Terms & Conditions - Gift Voucher Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully as these conditions incorporate the basis on which bookings for Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited are accepted. The Terms & Conditions below are for bookings made via the Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited website direct. For bookings made via alternative sources please read their Terms & Conditions carefully.
By using this Site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time by updating this posting. The revised terms will take effect when they are posted. Your use of some parts or features of the Site may be governed by additional terms and conditions. Where this is the case you will be notified accordingly of those additional terms and conditions:
- The prices are shown are per room per night for the numbers of persons and dates selected, unless otherwise indicated. Additional guests will be required to pay an extra per person per night rate of $44.00
- Children 0 -12 years occupying the same room/unit with at least one adult and using existing bedding are Free of Charge. Additional charges will apply if extra beds or linen (including rollaways, sofa beds or cots) are required.
All guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or an individual over the age of 18. The property has the right to refuse any booking when the legal parent/guardian over 18 cannot produce current photo ID.
- Quotes and reservations are subject to availability and actual pricing at the time of booking. Any verbal quote given is an estimate only of the price, which will be subject to written advice on confirmation of the reservation.
- Bookings can be made over the internet at www.oakshotelsresorts.com, www.theoaksgroup.com.au or www.theoaksgroup.co.nz
- Payment for website bookings (both Standard and Hot Deals) is required in full at the time of making your reservation.
- A confirmation email will be forwarded to your nominated email once the booking process is complete.
- The person affecting a booking shall be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions on behalf of all persons named in that booking.
- Whilst we attempt to satisfy all special requests, we are unable to provide a guarantee.
- Upon arrival at your selected property Guests must provide valid Federal or State government issued photographic identification for security purposes. In addition, the Guest must also provide a credit card in the name of the photographic ID to secure the accommodation. A Credit Card pre-authorisation of $150 (minimum) is required to cover incidental items including (but not limited to): mini bar, telephone calls, breakages/damages, excessive cleaning charges above the normal level of cleaning due to the apartment being left in an unacceptable state, etc. This may also include an amount to cover a security bond / deposit for damages. The pre-authorised amount is set aside by the credit card company for a period of up to 10 working days (release times may vary, please check with the issuing financial institution). The pre-authorisation will affect your available funds balance or spending limit. For more information on this practice we suggest the cardholder contact their issuer. Once a pre-authorisation has been made, we cannot release, remove or lower the authorised amount, until we process the final account on departure. This is a restriction placed on us by the bank, and cannot be negotiated. Oaks Hotels & Resorts reserve the right to pre-authorise all credit cards upon arrival. Please note this process validates the presented credit card, and protects both the cardholder and merchant from increasing fraud incidents. Cash is not an acceptable form of bond when staying with Oaks Hotels and Resorts and a valid credit card will need to be presented on arrival.
- All credit / debit card payments made to Oaks Hotels & Resorts will incur a 1.5% credit card service fee.
- Conversion into foreign currency is given as an indication and is not binding. Only the currency confirmed during your reservation is confirmed.
- For rates allowing it, you may cancel your reservation according to the conditions for that rate. Please see at the end of this document your relevant cancellation and amendment conditions. To cancel your reservation, please contact your selected property direct.
- All full rates featured are are subject to change without notice. Prices listed are in Australian Dollars if accessing via www.theoaksgroup.com.au site and in New Zealand Dollars if accessing via www.theoaksgroup.co.nz site and are inclusive of GST where applicable.
All Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited rates do not include transport from your home port to your destination and return, items of a personal nature, meals (unless specified), transfers and existing or proposed taxes and government charges, unless otherwise indicated.
- In the event of a situation whereby Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited cannot provide accommodation as previously confirmed, for whatever reason, Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited will undertake to relocate guests into an alternative Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited property of equal or better grading at no expense to the guest. Should there not be a property of equal or better grading in the vicinity of the original booking, it may be required to provide guests with a property of a lesser grading. If this is the case, any reduction in costs will be refunded to the guest.
The alternatives offered are at the Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited discretion. Should the guest wish to choose a property of a standard other than offered under this condition, then the guest will be required to pay any difference.
- Whilst the utmost care is taken to ensure that the description of facilities and services of Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited is accurate, these are continually being changed, upgraded and on occasion taken out of service. If any feature/facility is essential for the guest in choosing a particular property, it is advisable that the guest checks with that property at the time of booking.
Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited cannot be held liable for omissions or errors whether temporary or permanent of a property’s facilities and services.
Property room photos may not be specific to actual room allocated. Photos are indicative only. Destination images on Oaks Website may not represent the views offered from our locations.
Accommodation facilities listed may not apply to all room types.
Map images and proximity information are for general information and may not necessarily reflect actual routings, locations or services provided.
Many of the destination shots featured on this website have been supplied by Tourism Authorities.
- Check in and check out time is determined by each Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited property. Please check these times prior to making your reservation or prior to your arrival.
There will be no refund for early check out. A late check out fee may apply if the property is not vacated prior to this time.
If late checkout is required please contact your nominated property for applicable rates.
- Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited strongly recommends you purchase Comprehensive Travel Insurance. We suggest that the policy include, but not limited to, the following coverage – loss of payment through cancellation, loss or damage to personal baggage, loss of money and medical expenses.
- Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited can sometimes include third party products in special packages. As an agent on behalf of this product or service Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited shall not be liable under any circumstances for any failure by those service providers to fulfil such travel arrangements nor for any error, alteration or change of any kind made by those service providers following the acceptance of the booking by them. All coupons, vouchers, receipts and tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions specified by those service providers.
Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited both for itself and on the behalf of their employees or agents do not accept any responsibility for any act, omission, default or neglect of themselves, their employees or agents for injury, damage, or loss to persons or goods whatsoever or however the same may be caused and they do not warrant and are in no way responsible for the accuracy of any information given in statement made by their service providers in terms of travel arrangements. By utilising the travel services provided by Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited, you agree that:
Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited shall not be liable for the wilful or negligent acts and/or omissions of such carriers and/or service providers. Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited will not be liable for any accident, injury, delay, property damage or personal loss to you or those travelling with you in connection with any accommodation, transportation, or other travel services resulting directly or indirectly from any occurrences or conditions beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of terrorism, act of God, defects in vehicles, war, strikes, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, disaster, Government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule.
Please note that all travel documents, observance of laws and regulations of various Governments are your responsibility.
- Cancellation and Amendment Conditions for Oaks Website Bookings for Australia, New Zealand and Dubai:
- Bookings can be cancelled or amended up until 48 hours prior to arrival (2pm check-in time).
- If cancelled within 48 hours of arrival (2pm check-in time), the full amount will be forfeited by the guest.
- Any cancellations or amendments that require a refund outside the 48 hour cancellation policy will incur a $30 administration charge.
- No changes or cancellations are permitted to “Promo” room types, "No Refund" room types and "Stay Save" room types
- Cancellation and Amendment Conditions for Oaks Website Bookings for Oaks Bangkok Sathorn
- Bookings can be cancelled or amended up until 24 hours prior to arrival (2pm check-in time).
- If cancelled within 24 hours of arrival (2pm check-in time), the full amount will be forfeited by the guest.
- Any cancellations or amendments that require a refund outside the 24 hour cancellation policy will incur a $30 administration charge.
- No changes or cancellations are permitted to “Promo” room types, "No Refund" room types and "Stay Save" room types.
20. If you have chosen to stay at an “iStay” property, you will receive the best available unserviced rate.
- You will have the choice of cleaning service options, at an additional cost upon check in at your Hotel.
- if your stay is longer than 7 nights you will receive a complimentary full cleaning service on the 7th day.
- If you are staying more than 12 days you will receive this service every 7 days.
- Amenities included in iStay properties: Tea/Coffee Starter Pack, Bath Towels, Bath Mat, Soap, as well as Kitchen consumables (Tea Towel, Cleaning Cloth, Dishwashing Liquid and Powder). Amenities not included in iStay properties: Hand Towel, Face Washer, Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Lotion, Laundry Powder, Scourer and Tissues.
Gift Voucher Terms & Conditions
How to redeem your voucher
- Gift vouchers can be redeemed online only via the Oaks Hotels & Resorts website by entering your VOUCHER ID in the payment summary at the time of booking.
- Any outstanding balance will require upfront payment by credit card.
- Bookings for hotels outside of Australia will be subject to the current exchange rate at the time of purchase.
Can I use my voucher more than once?
- Once exhausted, the balance of a gift voucher cannot be topped up or reloaded
- If the balance total amount due at the time of booking is less than the voucher balance, leftover funds will remain available for use until the expiry date on the voucher.
Cancelling or amending a reservation made with a gift voucher
- To cancel or amend a reservation made using a gift voucher, please contact the booked properties reservation number listed on our website.
- Cancellations are bound to the conditions of the booking made and as such may attract a cancellation/amendment fee. Please see the Oaks Hotels & Resorts Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Where a cancellation is possible, a new voucher with the same expiry date will be re-issued to the purchaser
- Gift Vouchers are non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash, however can be transferred to another guest on request.
Validity & entitlement
- By purchasing, redeeming or attempting to redeem this gift voucher you agree to these terms and conditions.
- A gift voucher entitles the holder to the ‘Best Available Rate’ at the time of booking for hotels in Australia, New Zealand, or Dubai and is for accommodation only and/or any inclusions as booked on the Oaks Hotels & Resorts website
- Your Oaks Hotels & Resorts gift voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue. The expiry is listed on the voucher for reference. Expiration date will not apply in some jurisdictions to the extent prohibited or limited by law.
- Extensions of validity on gift vouchers is not possible; unused funds will become null and void once the date of expiry is reached.
Gift voucher responsibility
- Safe keeping of the gift voucher is the responsibility of the recipient. While we endeavour to prevent the use of stolen vouchers, Oaks Hotels & Resorts assumes no responsibility for stolen vouchers or their unauthorised use, and refunds will not be offered.
- Oaks Hotels & Resorts reserve the right to cancel and request alternative payment for fraudulently obtained voucher bookings.
- Damaged gift vouchers will not be replaced unless the gift card was damaged at the time Oaks Hotels and Resorts first issued the voucher.
Best Price Guarantee Claim Form
Oaks Hotels & Resorts Guarantees that you will always find the lowest possible price for our rooms on our website, if not, we will match it!
For your claim to qualify:
- You must have an existing booking, made on the Oaks Hotels & Resorts website www.oakshotelsresorts.com
- Your booking must have been made within the last 48 hours
- The lower price you have seen on a third party website, is currently available and can be checked by us
- The lower price is for the same hotel, room type, number of guests, check-in and check-out dates and conditions (extras, refund policy, cancellation policy etc)
- Your claim has been made on this online form
- The Oaks Hotels & Resorts website price being compared is the price excluding any fees or service charges
We are sorry, we cannot offer our Guarantee if:
- The price includes extras
- It is a website where you don't know the hotel until after you have booked
- The offer you found was a third party special offer where rooms are sold at wholesale or lower prices
- You have used loyalty points, frequent stays or another reward to get the lower rate
- The price was an unpublished rate e.g. negotiated, group, prepaid voucher, part of a package or a rate not available to general public
- The hotel you booked doesn't have the same payment or cancellation conditions
- Oaks Hotels & Resorts has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including, but not limited to, determining that the claim is for the same hotel, room type, dates, and that it meets all Terms and Conditions, and Claims Processing requirements.
If you have found your room online at a lower price, make a claim by filling out the form
** Facebook Competition WIN $1000 for Christmas
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
2. If the winner is under the age of 18 years the prize will be awarded to the winner's parents or legal guardian who fulfil entry requirements. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its agencies associated with this competition are not eligible to enter this competition.
3. To enter:
a) Tell us what you could spend $1000 on for Christmas via the contest application on the Oaks Hotels & Resort Facebook page.
b) Enter your information as required by the entry form necessary for submitting an entry. Employees of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Entries are limited to 1 per person.
4. The competition commences at 9am (EST) on Thursday 8th November 2012 and closes at 9am (EST) Friday 7th December 2012 (“Entry Period”).
5. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries received after the end date will not count towards the competition.
6. Entrants must submit an appropriate answer corresponding to the stated criteria of “Tell us what you could spend $1000 on for Christmas” to qualify for entry.
7. Entrants must be an Australian resident.
8. The Promoter will collect your personal information to enable it to conduct the promotion & offer you the prize. All personal details of the entrants will be stored at the head office of the Promoter. A request to access, update or correct information should be directed to head office.
9. This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. All entries will be judged individually on their merits based on originality and creativity. The best entry as determined by the judges, will win a prize.
10. Judging will take place from 9am (EST) on Monday 10th December 2012 at Oaks Hotels & Resorts, PO Box 473, Cotton Tree, Sunshine Coast QLD 4558, Australia. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges from Oaks Hotels & Resorts.
11. The entry judged to be the best based on originality and creativity will win the prize specified.
12. The prize is $1000 which will be transferred into the nominated bank account specified by the winner. The winner will be required to supply Oaks Hotels & Resorts their banking details which include BSB, account number and account name.
13. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The judges’ decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
14. The winner will be notified on Facebook from 9am (EST) Tuesday 11th December 2012.
15. In the event that any prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
16. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and submission of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize.
17. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (even if caused by negligence) as a result of entering this competition, accepting and/or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address of winners and any other information relevant to entry into or participation in this promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who is involved in any way in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language.
19. Entrants confirm and promise that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
20. In the event of a promoter other than Oaks Hotels & Resorts cancelling any event related to this prize, Oaks Hotels & Resorts cannot be held responsible.
21. Once the prize has left the Promoters premises the Promoter is not responsible for lateness of delivery or damage sustained during the delivery of the prize.
22. Oaks Hotels & Resorts collects your information to include you in this competition and may disclose the information to others who help us run the competition. We may also use the information to assist us in improving our goods and services and to contact you in the future in regards to our other goods and services. We may share your information with other persons or entities that assist us in performing the above or with another company which provides prizes for the competition. You can contact us to gain access to your personal information by writing to Oaks Hotels & Resorts, PO Box 473, Cotton Tree, Sunshine Coast QLD 4558, Australia.
23. The Promoter is Oaks Hotels & Resorts PO Box 473, Cotton Tree, Sunshine Coast QLD 4558, Australia. Phone: +61 7 5479 6922.